When it comes to social media marketing, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are no longer enough. Get an edge over your competition by mastering Snapchat now!
Since all but taking over online communication, social media has become a viable business tool as well. Social media is easy and affordable to use, and it allows access to vast numbers of potential new customers. While Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube are being used liberally by today’s businesses, there’s one exciting platform that isn’t seeing as much traffic: Snapchat.
Snapchat is one of the fastest-growing social media options with millennials. There are well over 100 million active Snapchat users, and over 70 percent are under the age of 34. Put quite simply, businesses looking to connect with this crowd should be on Snapchat.
Easy to Use
Snapchat works by providing an interface through which users can easily send photos and videos, or “Snaps,” to their followers. The media sent is only viewable for up to 10 seconds (the user gets to determine the length of the display). Afterward, it disappears forever. Multiple snaps can be strung together to create a “story” viewable for up to 24 hours.
Some other compelling Snapchat facts and stats include:
- Users are Highly Active. An impressive 65 percent of Snapchat users post new content at least once per day. You can do the same, and your business will stay active in the consciousness of potential customers.
- Ready to Buy. Nearly 60 percent of college students said they were very likely purchase a product using a coupon they received via Snapchat.
- Get More Personal with Users. Snapchat allows for showing current and potential customers a more casual, behind-the-scenes view of your company.
- Builds Trust. Trust in your brand will grow the more you post on Snapchat. Users will come to feel as if they “know” your company and be more likely to choose you over your competitors.
Growing Your Snapchat Network
Unlike Instagram and Twitter, hashtags aren’t enough to entice new followers. On Snapchat, users must find and add you. To add users, you must know their Snapchat names. Snapchat does not have native discovery capabilities. Gaining Snapchat followers requires using your company’s online presence – including your other social media accounts – to raise awareness about your Snapchat account. Here are some tips for getting the ball rolling:
- Promote Actively. Promote your Snapchat account name within your other social media profiles as well as in email signatures, blog posts and on your website.
- Use the “Add Me URL.” This feature allows for sharing a customized URL on other social media platforms. It lets users easily and rapidly connect with you. Use this link and replace “username” with your business Snapchat account name:https://www.snapchat.com/add/username
- Share Valuable, Compelling Content. Plan a content series that tells a story, teaches something new, allows users to play a game, or otherwise keeps them engaged.
- Use Snapcodes. Grab your Snapchat QR code image as a cropped screen shot and use it within your other social media account profiles.
Getting active on Snapchat now can vault your business ahead of the competition on this fast-moving platform. If your company is ready to succeed on Snapchat, contact Remote Technology Services of Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Florence and Wilmington at (800) 478--8105 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you succeed!